18 November 2012

This is ridiculous

At the beginning of 2011, I created a lofty list of laudable goals. One of those goals was to spend less time on Facebook and more time blogging. 

You may notice that today is November 18, 2012. And that this is also the first blog post since May of 2011. Let's see how the rest of those goals are faring.
  1. Less Facebook, more genuine writing. Already discussed. Fail.
  2. Take better care of myself. Nope, that one has fallen by the wayside.
  3. Throw shit out. I can claim some success here. Not enough, there are still tremendous amounts of stuff in this house to go through, but progress has been made.
  4. Get my finances in order. Still a work in progress.
  5. Accept things as they are, take things one day at a time. Still a work in progress.
  6. Try not to read subtext into every conversation or lack of one. Still filled with fail on this one.
  7. Stop the self-deprecating humor. I am getting better at this, I believe. It still wells up like a foul artesian well, but I'm much better at capping the flow.
Seven goals. Only one of which has resulted in measurable success. This is disappointing. No sense whining about it, though. Rending of garments and gnashing of teeth only results in nothing to wear and loose fillings. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are my hero.