02 November 2009

Day two, and I'm already falling behind

I've committed to posting something every day for the month of November. Sound easy enough, right? Yet here it is nearing midnight on the second, and nothing's written yet. Why is this?

I could blame it on the fact that I was out of town for most of the day and away from the computer. Those of you who don't know me might buy that excuse. But the rest of you would have said "hey, wait just a gosh-darned minute. Didn't I see you posting on Facebook, both before and AFTER your trip to Eugene?" And of course, you are correct.

But come on - when I got home the baseball game was on. I figured it was the last game of the season, since the mighty Yankees would git 'er done and it would all be over. So I had to give it my full attention. Except for that little bit of attention I gave to Facebook.

Well, as you know by now, it ain't over. The fat lady ain't sung. And that's good, means there's more baseball to watch before the sad slide into winter sports. (Don't write and complain, hockey fans, you're right. Hockey's okay.) And it was a good game, yes it was. Kind of lopsided at first, but toward the end it was a regular nail-biter. Both teams decided it was time to shit or get off the pot, and it was ON. Sure, Yankees didn't win, but that's okay. Means there's another game, and also means the Phillies have to keep working. I don't like a one-sided series. It's not interesting, and it's not a good reflection of what it means to be the division champion. There should never be a sweep. Every year it ought to go the full seven games and keep us on the edge of our seats.

Then the game was over. Time to blog, right? Well....Two and a Half Men was on. Then The Big Bang Theory. And of course more Facebook action. Then more mindless entertainment  and...what? The day's almost over? Better cough up some sort of blog post.

And there you have it. Mission accomplished. I'll try to do better tomorrow, promise.

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Okay so I was bored ... besides, reading "usually" makes me sleepy ... yawn!!!