26 November 2009

Things I Love Thursday - Thanksgiving edition

I'm a little rushed for time, but it wouldn't be right to skip a TILT on Thanksgiving!

Today I'm loving all of my friends and family, as usual, but I'm particularly grateful for my best friend since high school and the fact that I'm spending Turkey Day at her little sister's house. Seven kids in her family, and each has reproduced at least twice. (Except for her, she's smart like me.) There's just nothing like a huge family dinner.

I'm thankful for a roof over my head, MORE than enough food to eat, two cars in the driveway, and the little bit of money that's still in the bank. It's been a rough year, but I really don't have anything to complain about.

I LOVE that I didn't have to travel anywhere on I-5 yesterday. Northbound was at a standstill for most of the day, for no apparent reason. It's good to already be home. ;-)

Even though it's capricious and cruel at times, I love Facebook for having let me reconnect with a whole bunch of people that had been out of touch.

And I must single out Tee Tee - she's the one who started us all on this beautiful habit of sitting down once a week to think of the good things in our lives. She's a fabulous, joyful parade of one, and I love her to pieces. Love you, girl!

How about you? What are you most grateful for today? Write it down and share it with the rest of us, won't you?

1 comment:

grubinski said...

I'm thankful I don't have to come up with anything interesting to say on the blog that I'm thankful I don't have. It seems like that's a chore. :-)